Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 224 - 10/02/2007

If it's Tuesday, it must be guitar lesson day. I played "Rollin' on the River" for Gary and he continues to think I'm coming along. The next song on the agenda to learn will be "Lookin' Out My Back Door" (also by CCR). A few weeks back he indicated that CCR has a bunch of songs that are easy to play (and learn) and hopefully that'll turn out to be true. We also went over the capo again. While I've pretty much grasped the concept of the capo, the light hasn't gone on like it has for the root 6 and root 5 barre chords. I guess it's just a matter of time. Until then, I'll have to continue torturing the household with my butchered version of "Rollin' on the River" (or at least until I can get the next one down). I'm just thankful they humor me with their listening.

N's baseball practice is canceled; we're having a game tomorrow instead. It was rather nice not having to rush out of work and home to head over to the field.

No, instead I rushed out of work and mowed the lawn. The fertilizer seems to be working in that the lawn is nice and green, but it doesn't appear that the seed I laid down is working: almost of the spots where I seeded are still bare (and where there is some growth, it looks like clover!).

No comments: