Monday, October 15, 2007

Day 231 - 10/09/2007

Is it 9p yet? Wow, I really burned the candle at both ends this weekend. I struggled to get out of bed and struggled even more to stay awake during the day. I'm really looking forward to get back to bed. It will be nice and comfy.

N's practice was postponed until tomorrow, which means he won't miss it. He's still running a low-grade fever from his ear infection and cough he had over the weekend. In addition to the ear infection, he's probably got something viral that just needs to run its course. Hopefully he'll be back to normal tomorrow.

So, instead of practice, I mowed the yard. I love doing yard work. It's such an easy job, yet when done well, it gives you a good feeling once it's over. The yard is nice and neat, the edges along the sidewalk straight and the clippings swept off the driveway. The hour or so it takes to mow the yard also provides me with some time to think. Sometimes I'll think about what things I need to get done for iTriTracker or Melon, other times I plan out dinner or hold a conversation I need to have with someone. Regardless, it's quality alone time. My ears are plugged up to reduce the noise from the mower and it's just me in my own little world.

I'd love to give it all up and mow lawns for a living, but I don't think I'd be able to support our lifestyle on a gardener's salary.

No comments: