Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 262 - 11/09/2007

I got to the gym sort on time, but didn't get the workout in that I wanted to. As I was finishing up weights, the gym chick came out of the office and started cleaning down all the machines. It was close to closing time, but only closer than, say, noon is to closing time. There were still about 20 minutes before I had to be out of there. I guess she didn't think I took the hint so she turned the radio off and went about finishing her prep work to close for the weekend. That hint came through loud and clear.

I finished stretching, got my stuff and left. All in all, it was a good workout. I got in 20 minutes on the bike and my standard weight regimen. I wanted to get another 20 minutes on the bike after the weights, but I decided to punt.

As I was walking out of the gym, D called and put in a request for dinner for her and N. M had a girl scout event tonight so it was just going to be the three of us. I stopped off at Chick-Fil-A for some carry-out and we ate shortly after getting home. N had ordered a milkshake and I was quite surprised with how good it was; I think I've found a new place for shakes (their sweet tea is good as well!).

After dinner, I hit the basement to start working on organizing the back storage area. I moved the shelves from their original location a few months back but never got around to actually doing any serious organizing. Since we don't have anything on the calendar this weekend (save for Girl Scouts bowling on Sunday), I figured this was as good a time as any to get started on getting the back basement in order.

I spent about 3 hours down there tonight and will probably spend many more over the course of the weekend. As I've said to M when she balks at cleaning her room: it didn't take five minutes to make the mess, how do you expect to clean it up in that amount of time?

One of the things that I know will take up my time is going through old papers. I've done this a couple times in the past year or so, but never really organized anything. This time I plan on going through the boxes and *purge* whatever I don't want anymore (vs. just sorting it and making it nice and neat) and then consolidating everything into storage bins. We have the space for it if it's used wisely.

Hopefully, come Monday, there will be a huge difference between now and when I'm done.

No comments: