Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 270 - 11/17/2007

As I suspected, I was up early and out the door to...rake leaves. One of the nice things about having a stand of trees between our house and our backyard neighbors is that it provides us with privacy during the summer when we're out on the deck. Of course, the privacy disappears during the fall and winter when the leaves providing it fall to the ground. Today was the second round of leaf raking I had to do and won't be the last. I wish the trees were on the same leaf-dropping cycle, but I'm out of luck in that department. It looks like the next to drop will be the red maple and then (as usual) the Bradford pears. Like last week, I raked most of the backyard leaves onto a tarp and dragged them off into the easement behind the Jones' house. This makes a three hour job that much easier (as well as reduces it to under two hours!).

After raking, I hit the basement to start organizing. I moved the shelves yesterday and finished moving the yard sale stuff this morning. Afterwards, I started on the workbench. By the end of the day, I was able to have it moved, but that was pretty much it. Tomorrow I'll need to get some pegboard to put upon the portion that didn't have it before. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, I'll have the wood up and the workbench organized.

No comments: