Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 278 - 11/25/2007

After spending the morning trying to fix my computer, I decided I needed a new power supply, so shortly after noon, N and I headed out the door to the Computer Place in Fairfax. We stopped by Target for some clothes for him and then attempted to get his haircut, but the line was too long, so we left and went to the computer store.

I love going to that store, it's chock-full of possibilities of what could be: It's like walking into a candy store! Up and down the aisles we went, checking out all the various hardware available for us to purchase. We left with a new power supply, a drive rail kit and a couple of cables, as well as a new-found desire to build a new box. It's been a few years since the last one (3½ at least) and it's about time to replace it. Actually, I will convert it to be used as the server as that's barely chugging along (it runs Win2k Server on a Celeron 500 MHz w/ 64 MB RAM!). I've been looking at parts for the past few months, but haven't really done anything serious. Maybe over Christmas (or early next year) I'll get around to it.

N and I then headed over and picked up M in Springfield. Actually, we hung out for a while watching the 'Skins game vs. Tampa Bay (which they eventually lost). It doesn't bode well for the Redskins this year (although they Post was touting that they could still make the playoffs if they won out the season...yeah right, like that's going to happen!).

No comments: