Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day 346 - 02/02/2008

N and I were up and out of the house bright and early for a birthday party at Pump It Up. Usually we drop them off, but after what happened last time he was there, I stuck around the whole time. I was only planning on staying for half an hour or so, but got caught up talking with another dad and the next thing you know the party was nearing it's end.

After the party, I did some handyman stuff around the house that's been needing to get done (well, that I've been wanting to get done). I ran a wire from the office to the basement so we could watch TV in the back basement (it's connected to the aerial antenna in the attic). As part of this, I also built a shelf for the TV to sit on (it's a small 13" unit -- nothing too large or anything). D's been wanting me to hook it up for a while so she could watch it while she's on the treadmill. I also hooked up the center channel speaker to the stereo in the family room.

After dinner of Popeye's chicken (the official chicken of the Washington Redskins) that was only a hit with me (D doesn't like Popeye's and M and N don't like eating chicken with bones in it) and after we got the kids ready for bed, D and I settled down to watch the remake of Hairspray.

If you've seen the original, do yourself a favor and skip this one. If you haven't seen the original, do yourself a favor and skip this one and see that one instead. Not that it was (too) bad, but it was too long and there were too many songs. It failed to deliver as a musical. Maybe if there were fewer songs and more dialog it would've hit the mark, but. . .

After the movie, D went upstairs to bed and I went to the basement to play guitar until the wee hours of the morning.

No comments: