Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 357 - 02/13/2008

Another day, another dollar. Well, $19 actually, but that doesn't matter. It's another sale. Since releasing iTriTracker, I've pulled in almost $500. Sure, it's nowhere near enough to retire on, but it's $500 I didn't have before.

Some might say that I spent that much in time while developing it. I would say that that's partially correct, except for the fact that I don't get paid for sitting around the house watching tv or playing with the kids or doing yard work or...well, you get the idea. Time is money, 'tis true, but only if someone is willing to pay you for your time. If you don't have a patron (or a grant from the feds), your free time is just that: free. There's a cost to you, but it's not in the form of positive cash flow.

But you know what I really like about this endeavor? It's the concept that I now don't have to do anything for the money coming in, the work has been done and now I just get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor. (Well, that's not entirely true, I do have to send the registration information, but that's minute compared to the time I put into developing iTriTracker and Melon.)

Let's see if I can't make it 3-for-3 and get a sale tomorrow as well. Now wouldn't that be the cat's meow!

No comments: