Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 358 - 02/14/2008

Happy Valentine's Day! To celebrate, here's a poem I wrote a few years back for D:

Sometimes I find it hard to think
of what I want to say
to add to this card
that I got for you
on this St. Valentine's Day.

Sometimes words flow like a river
running across the plain,
other times they trickle and drip,
like the drip-drop of water
down a drain.

I start to write something
and then scratch it out
only to start fresh and new
But one thing I don't want
to scratch out (or start over)
is the love that I hold for you.

But know that regardless of
the number of lines
I scrawl upon a card
the feelings I have for you won't change
except to maybe grow large.

Know that you are the reason I'm here
You brighten my world my life
If I had it all over to do from the start
there's only one person I'd want as my wife
it's the person who's reading this line right now
The person who lives in my heart.

Of course, the last two lines don't mean the same reading them here as they did on the card, but you get the drift. To celebrate the day, I picked up dinner from Charlie Chiangs on the way home and D and I enjoyed that after the kids ate their dinner.

No comments: