Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 110 - 06/10/2007

Another lazy Sunday. We all slept in due to the late night out at Mike's house. We missed 1045a Mass, attending 1230p instead. Fr. Carr announced the new priest assignments and we'll be getting a new priest. From his name, it sounds like another Irishman. Hopefully he'll be in the same vein as Fr. Carrol or Fr. Carr. Since we're getting a new priest, that also means we're losing a priest. Unfortunately, it's Fr. Carr. I was hoping it'd be Fr. Beres as he's been here longer (and I enjoy Fr. Carr's homilies and reverence more than I do Fr. Beres), but it looks like he'll be here at least another year.

After Mass, we ate lunch and (finally) at 230p, we left for the Fairfax Fair. We parked across from Galyan's (I will not call it Dick's) and took the shuttle bus over to the Fair itself. The kids enjoy the ride and it's so much easier than trying to find a spot near the Government Center. Once we got to the Fair, we met up with Burke and Heather and wandered around the booths.

Riley is on M's softball team and they've been friends since we lived in the old 'hood, so they paired up for the better part of the day and N and Ryan paired up. Even though Ryan has a few years on N, it looked like he enjoyed the attention N was giving him and led him around like a big brother. This made it much easier on all of us as the kids wanted to be around each other and watched out for each other.

With that in mind, we all went over to the beer tent and spent the afternoon quaffing cold ones.


I didn't know about the hand-stamp ($18 for a hand-stamp giving all-day access to all rides vs. $20 for 20 tickets), so I spent $20 on tickets before going back and getting a hand-stamp for M and N. Once that was out of the way, they were in and out of the rides, fun-houses, slides, whatever, all afternoon. The fun ended at 6p, however, when the stamps expired. (Although the Fair closed at 6p, the rides stayed open until 730p, but required tickets.) We had enough of that, so we said our goodbyes and took the shuttle back to our car.

After we got home, D made a Boboli (which I snubbed when I saw her prepping it, but after it was done I was siced for it) and afterwards we continued watching The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. We still haven't finished it. Maybe on Monday.

No comments: