Sunday, April 1, 2007

Day 38 - 03/30/2007

Rode to and from work for the second time this year. On the way home, I passed by the Craig girls, who thought I was a professional biker decked out in my gear. It was a little chilly in the morning, yet I decided that shorts would be enough -- this due to the fact that I'd go running in shorts in this weather -- why not biking as well? I guess I didn't take into consideration the fact that I'd be riding at a much faster clip and basically be making my own wind. (Easy there, I said making -- NOT breaking -- my own wind.) Once I got to work, I hit the gym. Usually when I ride in, I use that as my 30 minutes of cardio, as well as my warmup for lifting. This time, I had to hit the stationary bike for another 15 minutes to warm up my legs. They were a bit stiff!

The ride home was much better since it had warmed up. To top it off, I didn't get stopped at a single light the entire way home. I'll have to check the time and see if I can replicate getting across 50 w/o having to wait for the light. Even though I didn't stop for a light, it still took me 30 minutes. I guess it'll take a few more weeks to see an increase in fitness before I start seeing a decrease in time.

The day ended on a sour note, however, as M and N were melting down. They both lost Narnia and were put to bed without songs. This nice weather is making it harder for them to be brought in at night since they both want to play outside until it's too dark to see.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. Speaking of which, I start my stint at Assistant Coach for N's t-ball team -- that should be interesting.

No comments: