Sunday, April 8, 2007

Day 45 - 04/06/2007

Had my follow-up blood test this morning since the last time I wasn't fasting. The last time my cholesterol was checked (in 12/2003), the LDL (bad cholesterol) was 110, which is borderline. I'm hoping it's below 100 this time, otherwise I'll have to go back for more tests and/or lifestyle recommendations: either an increase in exercise or medication. I'll lean towards more exercise, especially now that my knee is better and I'm running again. (Yes, I realize that 3+ miles per week isn't much, but it's 3+ miles more (on average) than I was running for all the weeks of the past 20 or so months, so it's a start, right?!?)

Work has been quiet this week with a lot of folks out on Spring Break. It's been nice not having everyone in, as it's given me a chance to catch up on a lot of things, such as the migration, which is still running very S-L-O-W-L-Y. I'm hoping it's due to the database configuration (it's running against SQL Server) vs. any data or program issues. I can't wait for this tar baby to be taken off my hands. Of course, that tar baby is my built in job security as very few of my colleagues would have either the time or the understanding to take it over from me. I can't wait for the next cycle to begin and all the legacy programs get moved to the back burner.

Among the mundane items going on, we had cheese pizza w/ green and fruit salad for dinner. I had a few glasses of water. For lunch, since it was Good Friday and fasting was in order, I had an ounce or so of cashews, some trail mix and a cashew. I also went to they gym for some weights and 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I wasn't planning on getting a second workout in this week, but since work was getting knocked off at a pretty good clip, I decided to go for it. As usual, I'm glad I did.

No comments: