Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day 62 - 04/23/2007

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way
Oh, Monday, Monday, won't go away
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay.

While not as good as California Dreamin', it's still a fine song (sort of like Brandy, who's a fine girl).

But the only similarity it has with this post is that it's about a Monday. The first day of the workweek for both me AND D. Yes, you read right. After almost 6 years out of the workforce as a full-time mom, D went back to work today.

What's funny about this is that she indicated to the school last week that she was interested in subbing next school year, once N started kindergarten. We've been discussing her going back to work off-and-on once N was in school full time. Her concerns were that she wanted to have something that provided a somewhat flexible schedule so that she could be home with the kids, as well as something that wasn't stress-filled, so that she'd be able to leave work at the office. She reached the decision that being a substitute teacher would meet those needs and she ran with it. I stand behind her 100% as it makes the most sense. Why go back to work and have to shell our money for day care when she doesn't have to go back to work in the first place. (Sure, it'd be nice from a financial standpoint to have some extra cash for vacations and the like, but it's not like we're this close to being sent to the poor house or anything.)

Anyway, about 730a, Mrs. Jardine called, asking of D would be able to sub. Remember, she only expressed interest last Wednesday and hadn't even filled out the paperwork yet. So, with that in mind, she drove the kids to school and stayed to work for a couple hours. She subbed for the other preschool class, so she was out when N was out, which was convenient.

I joked with her that she can bring home the bacon AND fry it up in the pan. She laughed. I laughed. It was a pathetic attempt at humor.

As for my day at the office, I worked on the usual stuff, went to they gym (where I put in 40 minutes on the bike as I had to pick up M from softball) and then went and...yes, picked up M from softball practice.

I had two Lean Pockets for dinner and burned my fingers taking the plate out of the microwave (not too bad, they were fine later on that evening). That's the first time that's ever happened; hopefully it'll be the last as well.

No comments: