Friday, April 27, 2007

Day 63 - 04/24/2007

Whoops! Sorry about that!

I flaked and rode my bike to work, failing to recall before I left the house that I was supposed to volunteer at the library today. That wouldn't have been a problem by itself, as I could have ridden it to school (except that I didn't remember that I had library duty until I received the voice mail from D, which by then was too late).

Again...whoops!

I did send an e-mail to Mrs. Watson apologizing for leaving them in a lurch and, in doing so, signed up to volunteer for the Book Fair coming up in May.

That being said, I did get a good ride in to work, as well as a good one home. Actually, it was good that I rode in as traffic was terrible. 28 was backed up to Westfields, Westfields was backed up to Walney, 50 was backed up past Stonecroft, and Stonecroft was backed up passed Westfields Marriott. I'm sure it would've taken me the same amount of time to drive as it did to ride. Aside from huffing the fumes, I really enjoy commute by bike: Not only does it give me the opportunity to get in a couple cardio workouts on the days when I ride my bike, it gets me out of the car and into the wind. I don't mind riding in the traffic, as (for the most part) it's not travelling that fast.

No comments: