Thursday, July 5, 2007

Day 135 - 07/05/2007

I went to the AT&T National at Congressional Country Club today. It was a good time. This was the second golf tournament I've been to and hope there will be many more. It's not that I'm good at the sport or that I follow it like I do football or hockey, but there's something about the live atmosphere surrounding a golf tournament that I find enjoyable. Maybe it's the etiquette that the gallery exudes when an errant shot forces professional golfers to hit from three feet away. Or the notion that you could play the course (well, not this course...not without connections, money or both!) these guys play and do better on the hole than they do (although if you did, you'll probably not do so consistently). Or maybe it's just the chance to get out on the course and enjoy the great outdoors. Whatever it is, it's a magical feeling that I hope to replicate often. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to see Tiger Woods up close and personal next year like I did this year, but that's alright, I'm sure I'll have just as much fun.

Tonight I packed and got ready for the trip out West. Well, to the Midwest anyway.

I'll fill in more when I get back, but if you find my posts lacking for the next week or so, I'm not sure what my computer access will be like, so you'll have to bear with me and wait until I get back.

Or not.

Just know that my posts will probably consist of fishing and eating.

No comments: