Monday, July 16, 2007

Day 144 - 07/14/2007

Happy Bastille Day to my French friends. I don't think I have any French friends, though, so I'm not sure why I added that opening. Let's just skip to the next paragraph, shall we?

After the late night last night (didn't get to bed until around 2a this morning), I slept in until 10a, but was still the first person up. Apparently not enough sleep was to be found in the van on the way home yesterday. Or maybe it was just from a long week.

I mowed the yard and watered the grass as they both were neglected over the past week. I also sprayed some plants with Liquid Fence. Ugh. I should really invest in a respirator...or be sure to be upwind when I spray it. (I had the misfortune of spraying it right as the wind shifted and I got too close to the cloud of malodorous particles.) Hopefully it'll work as promised as we have more buds on the roses -- buds that I hope turn into blossoms.

We bagged 2941 in favor of a quiet night at home. As it turned out, Chris and Lori also bagged it in favor of a quiet dinner at Coastal Flats. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: