Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day 147 - 07/17/2007

Visited a customer site where they are migrating from one platform to another. Over the past year, we've been working with our on-site employee to ensure the project is successful and the customer's expectations are managed. As it turns out, it appears the on-site employee has been sabotaging our efforts at every step. He's on his way out, but that's not good enough for me. He should be sued for back wages as he hasn't done dick over the past year to move things forward.

On our way out, we stopped by his cube...

You know what? I'm going to stop there. I'm not going to share the rest of the story. I've already spent a year of my life working with this tool, why add to that?

The good thing about the trip was that I was downtown. I miss working in the city during the summer. Sure, it's hot, it's sticky and there's not a lot of relief, but there's a buzz about with all the people on the street. Not only do you have the working stiffs, from the lobbyists in their power suits to the government workers in their sweat suits, but you also have the tourists. I loved working downtown as I'd find a bench during lunch and just watch the people go by. Now that I'm out in the hinterland, I have to make do with the few people walking around the office park. That being said, the view from my office window is perfect for me. I overlook a "lake" (e.g., stormwater retention pond), as well as can daydream about the planes landing at Dulles.

(Of course, as I write this there is scaffolding in the way; work is being done on the roof to the building so I get to stare at that for the next I don't know how many weeks.)

No comments: