Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day 196 - 09/04/2007

Today is draft day. This year there are 12 teams in our league (up from 10 last year) and -- Gasp! -- three women owners!

We picked our draft orders a while back and I was lucky enough to be 6th. (There's sarcasm there, you just can't see it.) If you ask me, 5-7 are the worst picks to have, especially when you do a ladder draft (where you draft 1-12 in odd rounds and 12-1 in even rounds). You might get someone good in the first round, but most of the big names are gone by the time it comes back around. The best picks (IMO) are 1-3 or 9-12.

The first round started out as usual until the 5th pick. Instead of picking Frank Gore, Joseph Addai or Peyton, she picked...Drew Brees. Uh, what's up with that!?! (Her third pick was the Bears defense!) We'll see how well she does with her unorthodox drafting. Maybe there's something she knows that no one else in the Fantasy Football universe does. I guess we'll all find out come game day!

Alright, enough jibber jabber, here's my team:

Brett Favre
Peyton Manning
Fred Taylor
Cedric Benson
T.J. Duckett
Jamal Lewis
Anquan Boldin
Plaxico Burress
Mark Clayton
Mike Furrey
Owen Daniels
Zach Miller
Joe Nedney
Shane Graham
New England Patriots
San Francisco 49ers

There you have it: my roster going into this weekend's game. Now I just need to figure out the starters. I guess we'll just have to see how this season pans out. Hopefully my first round pick will continue to put up numbers like he's done the past few seasons and the lower round picks will step up and put up some points. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: