Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 215 - 09/23/2007

We finished watching Swiss Family Robinson this morning. The kids seemed to enjoy it, even though it wasn't anything like the book. (In case you couldn't figure it out, it's much better than the book.)

Nearing the end of the movie, the lawn guy came by to aerate our yard. I saw him doing our neighbors' yards yesterday and arranged for him to do ours today. For $65 he'll aerate the lawn and for $85 he'll aerate and fertilize. I couldn't beat that with a stick (seeing as it's $55 to rent the aerator for four hours and then I'd have to do it myself. Paying this guy allowed me to stay in my pajamas an extra hour while he did the work.

I didn't have him fertilize though, as I wasn't sure when I'd get the grass seed down. As it turns out, I was able to get some of it down today (as well as the fertilizer). Even still, it saved me money doing it myself, plus I'd much rather fertilize and seed myself to ensure it was done properly (or at least think it was done properly).

I almost finished but had to leave for Mass, so I put off seeding until later. When we got home, M and I had dinner (N and D had already eaten) and the kids got ready for bed. We started Robin Hood tonight; hopefully the kids will like it.

No comments: