Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 207 - 09/15/2007

Both M and N had games this morning and both of them were at 10a. I dropped M off at her game and then took N to his. (D went and watched M's game.) They both played well and seemed to enjoy themselves. The weather has taken quite a turn in the past week. Last week temps were in the 90s and the sun was baking everyone on the field while this week temps are in the low 70s with very little humidity and a brisk wind. Fall is definitely on its way.

We had our first bowling match of the new neighborhood season. This year they first game counts towards the overall standings in order to try and avoid people sandbagging the first time out so as to get a good handicap. That didn't do much for us, though, as we weren't able to keep up with our foes. Even though I rolled a 180 in the first game, the guy I was up against shot a 208. Oh well, I gave it my best shot.

My second game wasn't nearly as good and by the time the third game rolled around, I was done. (Actually, I didn't want to do too well in the second and third games as there's no way I'd be able to keep up the 180s for the rest of the season.)

At one point Ted talked me into doing some fancy shots (e.g., rolling the ball behind my back) to go along with my between-the-legs stance. (That's not the "granny-style" between the legs, more like a leg-lift and I bowl under the lifted leg.) It's hard to describe but it gives me 9-10 pins on each ball. Last year I ended the season with a turkey bowling in that manner. This year I might just roll the ball every frame just to see what happens (of course, not until I practice a few games on my own).

I'm pretty sure we went 0-4 on the night. Since last year the champions only had 3.5 losses, I don't think that bodes well for the rest of the season. I guess we'll just have to find out.

No comments: