Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day 94 - 05/25/2007

With D dropping the kids off in Fredericksburg today, I was free to ride my bike to work. Traffic was pretty light coming in, but it took over 30 minutes anyway as I got caught at three of the longer lights on the way in. I was cruising along Stonecroft, just past the UPS facility and a lawn care truck pulled out in front of me. Not too big of a problem, except for the filth it was belching from its exhaust pipe. At first this didn't bother me as he had moved to the left lane. But as he got farther ahead of me, the fumes were able to waft into my lane, causing me to slow down so as not to draw the fumes deep into my lungs. This is the only thing I don't like about riding my bike to work: the exhaust fumes. After arriving at the office, I hit the gym, worked out, showered and went back to the office for a full (not really) day of work.

I left around 4p and the ride home was clean sailing the whole way. Even on Stonecroft there was no one on the road (where there's usually a 1/2 mile long backup of cars waiting to turn onto Poplar Tree).

After getting home, I mowed the yard as I didn't feel like doing so in the morning. I really should lower the bladed a notch, as it wasn't really noticeable that I had mowed (although everything was neater, it just wasn't short enough). I'll have to make a mental note to lower it next week.

After finishing the yard, I showered and D and I went back and forth about what we should do for dinner. We're planning on going out tomorrow night as well, so we didn't want to go fancy tonight (fancy being anything more than $20). We ultimately ended up hitting a new hole-in-the-wall place by Lowe's. It was alright, but nothing to write home about. I was turned on to it by some of my work colleagues who go there for lunch. I should have known it wouldn't be all that as they also go to Applebees for lunch.

The nice thing about it was that we got it to go and we ate on the deck. It was nice and quiet and the bugs weren't bothersome. Other than the quality of the food (which really wasn't that bad, it just wasn't anything to write home about, but I believe I just told you that), there were no complaints: the company was great and the atmosphere was just as good.

After dinner, we watched the Lost season finale. I don't think it was as good as last year's season finale (I didn't like the way they had the flash-forward), but it was far and away better than the first six episodes (as a whole). Afterwards, we hit the sack in anticipation of being able to sleep in tomorrow without the kids waking us up to watch a show.

No comments: