Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 174 - 08/13/2007

I rode to work this morning for the first time since getting the flat last week. Other than the fact that the wheels feel mushy, the ride was non-eventful. I skipped working out at the gym as I just didn't feel like it. Maybe tomorrow.

We were supposed to have a going away party for the guy at the customer site who's been giving us grief for the past year: his last day was Friday; he wasn't invited. However it turned into a going away party for one of my colleagues who submitted his two week notice. He works on our team and is a pretty well-liked guy to have around. He'll definitely be missed. (Of course, while the rest of us will pick up his work, we will not be picking up his paycheck. It's funny how that works, isn't it?!?)

Since the kids are still in Fredericksburg, D and I had an honest to goodness date night. We used a gift certificate to the Macaroni Grill (that we got from bowling -- or should I say I got for being the guy with the most improved average over the course of the season) and then afterwards went and saw The Bourne Ultimatum.

We both thought the movie was alright. I don't think it's the best movie of the year (although I wouldn't know as it's the only movie I've seen this year). Both of us were annoyed by the shaking camera used throughout the film. If that technique hadn't been used, it might have been more enjoyable. One of the things I did like was how it tied back to the first two. Not that it's necessary to see the first two before seeing this one, but it helped in allowing you to overlook the lack of character development.

Overall I'd say you should see it, but save your movie night out in the theatre for something else. See this one from the comfort of your couch.

No comments: