Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 179 - 08/18/2007

First thing this morning I finished working on Melon and released it to the general public. I immediately heard back that the issue the one customer had reported was corrected and that she really enjoyed the product. Hopefully this will be the last one for a while (at least until I can get the next version deployed).

After finishing Melon, I mowed the yard, cleaned up and went to Mass. It's been a while since I've been to Saturday evening Mass and was quite surprised with the number of older folk in attendance. It felt like I was intruding. Oh well, we're all there for the same reason, regardless of our age.

Tonight we had the first (and probably last) outdoor movie night in the pipestem. One of our neighbors has a projector and a screen that he sets up out in the yard. Some of the neighbors (and their kids) all gather around dusk, popcorn and beverages at the ready and watch a movie under the stars. This year he added a 104" screen and I must say it looked great. Last year we watched a Veggie Tales movie and this year it was Cars. The kids loved it, as did most of the adults. Although I've seen bits and pieces here and there, I hadn't seen it from start to finish and seeing it on the big(ger) screen made it that much better.

As it turned out, it was another late night for the kids. The movie wasn't over until 10ish and by the time they got to sleep, it was closer to eleven. Oh, well, there's still another week before school starts!

No comments: