Friday, August 17, 2007

Day 177 - 08/16/2007

D had bunco tonight, so I arranged for the kids to spend the night at my mom's house. I met her up at Red Robin where we ate and the kids left with her to head back to her house.

I headed home and helped D with last minute items (e.g., getting her iPod to play the playlist she had created). After hanging with the ladies for a while, I finally gave them their space and hit the basement where I practiced my guitar for a few hours. Every once in a while I was called up to help open a bottle of wine, but other than that, I stayed in the basement.

After practicing until my fingers couldn't take it anymore, I switched on the tube and surfed for a while. I landed on the Travel Channel and watched part of "Beachgoers Exposed."

Synopsis: Travel Channel scoured the nation looking for the extremes of beach behavior from coast to coast. Now a panel of beach experts, including athletes, comedians and stylists, will offer their unique insight into what we love and hate about the beach.

Of course, I was fortunate enough to turn it on right when they were talking about the wacky things people see at the beach, like the guy in Santa Monica who was shown roller blading down the boardwalk with various red, white and blue patriotic items adorning his body.

Oh yeah, he was wearing a red thong.

With a small American flag on a dowel rod clenched between his cheeks and flying behind him in the wind.

As one of the commentators said, it was wrong on ALL levels.

No comments: