Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 191 - 08/30/2007

Remember me talking about mowing the yard on Saturday and raising the blade? Well, I mowed the yard after work tonight with the blade in the regular position. I left grass turds all over the place. Oh, well, like I said on Saturday, live and learn.

That being said, the lawn looks great. The cool weather we've been having lately has really caused it to green-up quite nicely. I'll have to water at some point (it's been a few weeks since I have), but it really doesn't look like it needs it. Maybe the recent rains we've had have been enough for it to last. One thing I need to get around to doing is aerate and overseed before it gets too late in the season. Last year I waited too long and it didn't take as much as I'd hoped. This year, however, I'll be able to use the poor-man's underground sprinkler system I installed back in June to keep the grass properly watered while the seed takes root and grows into mature grass.

Although I tried to finish Angels and Demons, I put it down. I reached the climax (or what I thought was the climax) and then had about 50 more pages to go. I was wondering what the author was going to do with the remaining pages and the more I read, the more I was turned off. He had a good book (although pretty much fluff) up until that point and then he puts it over the point of believability. I put it down without finishing it with about 20 pages left to go. I'll finish it over the weekend, but now the desire to finish it just isn't there.

No comments: