Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 182 - 08/21/2007

I met my dad for lunch today. We hit the sushi place in Centreville. It was excellent, as usual, but (also as usual) I ate one plate too many. Next time I'll skip the large plate altogether and just get a small plate each time. When it comes to sushi, this place is pretty good and I can't seem to get enough. I really need to exercise self-control the next time I visit this place.

With the weather the way it's been over the past few days (damp and dreary), I just wasn't feeling up to doing much at the office so I took off just before five. I got home just in time to take M to her first softball practice of the fall season. She's a little concerned about playing this season since other kids will be pitching to her. She settled down on the way there, though and with a little prodding, she finally joined the circle of girls already there. When I left she was comfortable and when N and I went back to pick her up she was excited about the season. It's amazing what a single practice session will do for her self-confidence. She knows a couple of girls on her team from last year, which helped her out.

The rest of the night was spent dragging through the evening until it was time to go to bed. I had been looking forward to sleep all day and after my head hit the pillow I was asleep in minutes.

No comments: