Friday, August 24, 2007

Day 183 - 08/22/2007

I biked to work this morning. Nothing out of the ordinary to report, so I'll stop there. Once I arrived, I worked out. I really wasn't feeling it, but I blew it off on Monday and Tuesday, so I knew that if I wanted to get in two workouts this week, I needed to get one in today.

After work I went home via Stonecroft vs. 50. It's been a while since I went that route and it felt good to be on the bike for 30 minutes vs. 20 for the trip home. I think I'll start mixing it up (if possible) and go different routes on different days in order to increase the amount of cardio I'm able to get in on a weekly basis. My doc said I needed to start exercising more as the last time I went in for bloodwork, I had gained three pounds since my previous visit three months earlier. Although I attributed that to not putting my wallet and keys on the desk (which I usually do), I have been slacking off in the exercise department over the course of the summer.

That being said, muscle does weigh more than fat, so maybe it's because I've been lifting more. Who knows? All I know is that I need to get more cardio in as my metabolism is definitely slowing down.

I turned 39.5 yesterday. I've been posting once a day for the past six months. Well not exactly once per day, but an average of once per day. Sometimes I'll write 2-3 days worth of posts in a single day. Other times I'll write the draft and some cursory information and then go back and flesh it out. No matter, I'm still doing what I set out to do: write about each day over the course of my 39th year in existence. Overall, I've enjoyed the routine. I didn't expect it to get out into the public, but there was that risk (otherwise why would I write about my life in a blog?). Who knows what the next six months will bring me?

In the end, I'm not really sure what I'll do with it. It's not like I'm going to bind it up in a book and have it available for purchase at Borders. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: