Monday, March 5, 2007

Day 13 - 03/05/2007

Mundane goings on in my world. There's a strange odor emanating from M's closet and I have no idea what it could be. The outside of the house looks intact and the attic looks normal as well. (Of course, I'm not too sure what and "abnormal" attic would look like anyway, so take the preceding sentence with a grain of salt.)

D wants me to open up the space behind the closet (e.g., cut a hole in the drywall) to see what's back there. From what I can tell, there should be a triangular shaped dead space behind the closet that may (or may not) indicate what the problem is. If I can't find anything, I'll then be stuck w/ a repair required in the closet where I cut out the drywall. Thinking about it further, there could be a way for an animal to get in there, but it would have to be a small animal (e.g., a mouse or a skink). The only way I could think of is if it crawled inside the dryer vent and then up the siding to the dead space behind the closet and then expired. Egads. I really don't want to discover that behind the closet!

That's my task for tomorrow night after getting home from work. I'll open up the closet and see what I can find. I'm not sure whether I'd rather find a dead animal or find mold. At least you can clean up an animal carcass pretty easily compared to remediating mold issues.

No comments: