Thursday, March 8, 2007

Day 16 - 03/08/2007

Two hours late?!? Are you kidding me?!?

I don't get it. We got about an inch or so of snow last night, most of the streets were clear and the schools have a two-hour delay? WTF?!? I left the house around 745a and didn't hit a single patch of slickness on the 5.25 mile commute to the office. Not one. Gotta love the local school board and their penchant for closing or delaying school at the slightest sign of impending doom brought on by the weather. (I know, I know, it's for the safety of our children!)

So I went to rehab this morning and asked my PT: What would you say if I told you I was going to take my daughter skiing tomorrow? She said: Have fun! Cool beans, that's what I wanted to hear.

I guess I promised M last summer we'd go skiing this year (she's never been) and she's not one to forget a promise (unless it's her promise to do something that she doesn't want to do). So since she's off school tomorrow (teacher workday) and things are somewhat slow at the office, it's the perfect opportunity. We'll leave here around 9a for a 90 min trip up north to Whitetail. It's not the best resort around, but it's close and since she's never skied before, it'll be good enough for her first time. She'll have a lesson then we'll probably break for lunch before spending the rest of the afternoon on the bunny slopes. If she feels up to it, we'll upgrade her lift ticket for the blue square slopes. It should be fun.

Tonight I'm supposed to head over to Sweetwater for a beer or two w/ Larry, but he hasn't called yet. He's heading to Cancun on Saturday and needs to get some packing done, so we'll see what happens. My money is on him showing up; he's not one for passing up a beer at Sweetwater.

No comments: