Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day 35 - 03/27/2007

Spring has sprung and the weather is almost approaching early Summer. With that in mind, I decided to ride my bike to work for the first time this year. (I'll also try to do so on Friday, as D drives Tuesday's and Friday's -- or so it's become that way over the past couple of months.) Traffic was light and there were no problems. I left as the same time as Bob Dylan (two doors up) and passed St. Tim's at the same time as he did. Of course, I cut through the woods and through the neighborhood, whereas he went down Stringfellow to Poplar Tree. Still, it's nice to know that we could bike to church and still arrive at the same time (well, D and I could, N and M would probably slow us down). Upon arriving at work, I hit the gym and was in the office by 8a. I left work around 5p and was home at 530p. Again, traffic was a breeze and riding my bike made me feel pretty good, especially as I wove between all the cars stuck on Stonecroft Boulevard. As I passed St. Tim's on my way home, there was a police officer directing traffic. He had just blown his whistle to let the cars out of the parking lot, so I slowed down to stop. Seeing the right thing to do (in my mind, anyway), he told me to keep going. Thanks, Officer Friendly!

I was afraid that the ride would aggrevate my knees, but that wasn't the case, which makes me think that I'm finally on the road to true recovery. Hooray!

No comments: