Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 288 - 12/05/2007

An Alberta Clipper came through and dumped (dumped?) a couple inches of the white stuff on us. The kids were happy, but it really didn't start snowing until they were in for the day.

When I got home from work, someone had left the van's interior light on and the battery had gone south. It wasn't so far south that the clock was off or the radio stations were erased from memory, but it wouldn't turn the engine over. I wasn't too happy about this as I typically have to move all the stuff out from the garage, finagle the Altima into the second bay (which is usually chock full of crap such as bikes, toys, a trash can and yard implements) so I can jump the van. This usually takes about an hour from start to finish and is just a pain in my ass. I really hate it that I can't put the van in neutral unless the engine is on; it would be so much easier to roll the van out of the garage and jump it in the driveway. (Or, better yet, have the lights go off after 15 minutes or so!)

Having a splitting headache, I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle described above so I decided I'd break down and get a remote jumper. I changed my clothes and headed back out into the snow to hit Target. I ended up getting a Duracell Instant Jump Start System. (Yes, that's what it's called.)

On the way home I stopped by Tony's to pick up dinner. I still hadn't used the gift card I got for coaching N's team so I figured why not use it tonight. I ended up getting a veggie calzone for D, a cheese pie for the kids and a large pie with pepperoni, mushrooms and sausage on it for me.

After M was ready for bed, I continued reading "James and the Giant Peach." I bought it when we were in Cape Charles at an "antique" store for a dollar. (I put that in quotes as it really wasn't an antique store, but it wasn't a thrift shop either. Maybe second hand store would be a better description.) I started it the other night and the kids seem to like it, as does D (who never read it as a kid), and it's been a quick read so far. Hopefully the movie won't be over the top. I really can't stand it when the movie is nothing like the book, especially the ones I've been reading to the kids.

No comments: