Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 305 - 12/22/2007

Finally, a day of rest. Well, I mean a day without social commitments. What I had intended to be a day of last minute Christmas shopping turned into spending time with the kids while running errands (the post office to mail our Christmas cards, Target for a couple of returns and purchases, the Guitar Center for strings and Lowe's for a gift card for Doug). We even made it to confession as I had it up to there with the kids sniping back and forth at each other. M wasn't too happy when I pulled into the parking lot and told her what we were there for. N, on the other hand, couldn't have cared less since as soon as we got in the church, he lay down on the pew and fell asleep.

I wasn't able to leave the house until about 8p or so, but I was able to finish off my Christmas shopping as well as hit Giant, finally getting home about 11p. Not ready to call it a day yet, I grabbed a beer and hit the basement for some late night jamming on the guitar. I'm hoping to be able to play Silent Night on Christmas Eve as we process through the house, but I need to get some additional practice in first.

No comments: