Friday, December 28, 2007

Day 310 - 12/27/2006

Did I really wake up at 10a? Yes, I did (although I got up at 530a to take a puking cat into the bathroom, and then at 7a to tell N to go down and watch TV and then at 8a to tell M the same). Still, sleeping in until 10a is unheard of for me. I guess I was pretty worn out.

Dad came over to meet for lunch and we tried a new Indian place over in Fairfax. It was alright, although the incense they had burning in the entryway was overpowering and left a smell that stuck with you until you got something stronger in front of your nose (in this case, it was the food).

D had PT this afternoon, so the kids and I hung around the house. The Craig girls were down and N was down at the Agan's playing, so I piddled around the basement, trying to design a shelving system for the workbench area. In addition to that, I got the hoses rolled up and put away for the winter and raked the leaves from the side yard. There's still a few left out there, but they'll be ignored for the rest of the winter. I have no desire to rake anymore leaves, especially when the tree from which they fell isn't even in our yard. After these chores were done, I fixed the kids' bikes. N's back brakes were rubbing, making it close to impossible to ride and M's front tire needed a new tube.

After the kids finished playing with friends and I finished their bikes, we attempted to go to Toys R Us to make an exchange. After about 20 minutes of searching for the receipt (as they won't perform any kind of exchange or return transaction if there's no receipt), I finally found it...right where I put it. (I had originally taped it to the cabinet door and forgot that I had moved it to the mantle.) By the time we made it to the store and back again, it was too dark to go running (which I had hoped to do), so I attempted a run on the treadmill. Ten minutes later I was off it as I just wasn't feeling the love. I'm not sure whether it's this nagging sore throat or whether it's the lunch sitting in my stomach, but, as I said, I wasn't feeling the love and tossed in the towel.

After finalizing the plans for the shelves (and giving a lesson in perspective to M when it comes to drawing plans), we headed out to pick up a pie for dinner. After dinner, the kids got ready for bed and we all snuggled on the couch and finished watching the Purdue game (I had Tivo'd it for this purpose). Much to my disappointment, the game ran late and I missed the last three minutes (when CMU tied it up and Purdue ended up winning with a field goal with :02 on the clock). M filled me in, though, as D had told her how it finished.

After the kids were tucked in, I settled in for some more TV watching. I was still sluggish from last night's marathon sleep session and didn't feel like doing much of anything. That being said, I stayed up late as I kept thinking D would be getting home soon. She went to dinner and a movie with some friends (at 4p) and didn't get home until 1130p.

No comments: