Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 300 - 12/17/2007

Another milestone reached. Only 66 more days of posts before the year is out. As I sit and write this, I wonder what the last 300 days have taught me. Well, for one, it seems that I'm now more aware of what I've done and what's happened in my life (as you, the reader are as well).

I'm more in tune with the mistakes I've made and lessons learned.

I have the makings of a book, should someone actually be interested in reading my collection of thoughts over the past year.

I have the discipline to actually write down the events that occurred the previous day (or, as in some cases a couple of days prior) and stick with it, even if I don't feel like it.

I have come to view this not as a chore, but as an outlet.

Will it continue? I think I asked that recently in a post and answered that I didn't know. I still don't know what will happen. Maybe I'll change it to capture a picture per day or something else that can be chronicled. Or maybe I'll just give it up and let it go. I mean, who am I to think that what I have to say and write about is important enough and interesting enough to be broadcast to the world? As it says above, I'm just an average Joe. I'm not special. Well, not special outside my circle anyway.

On a different note (an off-key note, shall we say), M had her band concert tonight. Caroline and Nina surprised her by showing up and when she (M) saw them, her face lit up. They played a few songs and then, after the advanced band did their numbers, we retired to the cafeteria for some refreshments.

After last night's stomach issues, having Colon Blow for breakfast (not this) probably wasn't the best idea. (Alright, it really wasn't Colon Blow, but that's my term for when I mix Kashi Mountain Medley and Kashi Crunch.) On top of that, having Progresso Split Pea Soup wasn't the best idea either. Not to worry, but the time M's concert was over, I was feeling back to my normal self.

Normal enough to celebrate my fantasy football championship winning performance while playing guitar! (Note: The championship was for the Toilet Bowl purse of $35 and a trophy, not the $480 payout to the overall winner.)

No comments: