Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day 309 - 12/26/2007

I decided to take advantage of the day off and relaxed. Well, that and did some work in the back basement. I've put off doing things for the past few weeks as a result of lost motivation and other activities on the calendar.

I don't want this time off to be a wasted week, although even doing nothing is good for the soul sometimes. I recall the trip we made to California in 2006. I was burned out from work and just not happy with how things were going and, after doing nothing work-related for 10 days, I came back refreshed and ready to tackle anything. While I don't feel the same way about work now (I actually feel good about going into the office and have come to realize that I've got a pretty good gig), having the time off is still good for the soul.

That being said, the activities over the past week have caught up with me. I'm pretty beat and can't even make it through the Purdue game (playing against Central Michigan in the all-important Motor City Bowl). Why do I care, you ask? Well, D's cousin's son is a defensive tackle for Purdue and, although he doesn't start, gets some healthy playing time. We've become Purdue fans because of it and hope they improve in the coming years.

I ended up calling it quits around 10p and quickly fell into a deep sleep.

No comments: