Friday, December 14, 2007

Day 296 - 12/13/2007

D subbed today. Once the kids found out, they wanted to ride with her, but were barely ready in time for them to get a ride. They weren't about to have me drive them, though, so they scurried to get ready and were out the door a little before 8a. (D wanted to leave by 745a in order to get in the classroom in time to settle in and get ready for the day.)

During lunch I went out shopping for Christmas, but wasn't too successful. I got a few things, but not everything I needed to get. I'm still waiting for Vince's list, so I couldn't get anything for him.

After getting back from shopping, I hit a gold mine in the kitchen when a slew of pizzas were delivered from a meeting. I'm not sure whether too many are ordered on purpose so that the rest of the group can benefit or they're just really bad at guestimating the number of pies to order. No matter, I did what I could to help finish them off (and paid for it by feeling like crap). I really need to learn how to say no when faced with what seems like an endless amount of food.

With that in mind, I skipped dinner.

No comments: