Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day 298 - 12/15/2007

N woke up sicker this morning. He's been fighting something for the past few days and this morning he started complaining about his throat. D was up around 530a and gave him some Motrin, but he was running a fever again. With that in mind (and considering we've got a bunch of family activities next week), I took him to the doctor's for a strep test. I didn't think it was necessary, but did so to get a jump start on it if it was. As it turns out, he doesn't have strep, so it looks like we'll just have to wait it out.

Before taking him to the doctor's office, I started on the outdoor lights. I've been putting it off this year for whatever reason (the snow, the cold, the cost added to the electric bill) and finally had a window of opportunity. I got the garland and lights around the door before heading back inside to change and take N to the doctor's office. While we were gone, D and M headed down to Fred to do some shopping for Christmas. (Why Fred, you ask? D's mom has a deep discount where she works. Even after gas is figured in, it's still cheaper to make the drive!) As I said, the test was negative. Rest and fluids, fluids and rest. And Popsicles wouldn't hurt either. On the way home, we stopped by Giant for some orange juice, Popsicles and ice cream. N was all over that. We also hit a couple of stores in the strip mall in search of a certain item for D. We found it and headed home.

I fixed N a bowl of ice cream and afterwards he laid on the couch and fell asleep. While he was sleeping, I went back outside and continued working on the lights. While I was out there, I went ahead and cleaned the gutters as well (they were pretty full) in anticipation of the coming winter weather. I finished up about 10 minutes before D and M got back and headed upstairs to get ready for bowling.

We bowled against Rynoxious (made up of the Rynex and Knox spouses) and went 3-1. D did pretty well and it appears her knee didn't bother her at all. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see whether it's going to be sore or not. Hopefully it won't be.

No comments: