Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 315 - 01/01/2008

Happy New Year!

2008 started off the way 2007 ended...on the dance floor. As I said yesterday, we stayed out pretty late and didn't get to bed until after 3a. I was up a couple of times during the night and even contemplated getting up at 9a, but thought better of it. I'm glad I did. I finally rolled out of bed around 11a, giving me my just about 8 hours of sack time.

I spent most of the day in the basement finishing the shelves. I skipped breakfast and fueled my motor with coffee instead. D made some coffee for me as well (not thinking I had made any) and so I was double-dosing. The jitters finally hit around 4p and I had to take a break. That was perfect timing as friends of M and N were over so we spent some time visiting with Tim and Jen while the kids played. After they left, I headed back to the basement to finish the shelves.

Once they were done, I started filling them with various and sundry items. I set up the safe and, after one final sweep of the floor, rolled the Shop-Vac into place. I called D down for a final reveal of the project and we both considered it a success. It looks much better than it did before and makes the space look much better (as I was hoping it would). Now if only we can get rid of the pile of garage sale worthy crap, we'd be nearing the finishing line in terms of getting the basement in order. Given that we've been in the house for a little over 2.5 years, I'd say we're doing pretty good. I'm sure there are other folks who would've done it in 6 months, but we had other projects to focus on around the house. Our attention didn't get focused on the basement until three or four months ago.

After the late night last night, we all hit the sack a little earlier than usual (well, what's become usual over the past few weeks). I still stayed up later than I should have, but that's the price to be paid for being a Bowl fan: Regardless of who's playing, I'll be watching it. You never know when you'll come across a game like Boise State vs. OU last year.

No comments: