Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day 326 - 01/12/2008

Happy Birthday, Dad! I hope you enjoy your day!

Our plan for the day wasn't to celebrate his birthday (that'll be tomorrow), but to make some homemade ice cream and raviolis (separately, not at the same time). Things got switched around, however, as Chris invited us to the Mason basketball game. M, N and I joined Chris, Connor and Lindsay as we watched Mason trounce Northeastern 80-52. It was quite the game. The kids enjoyed it, although N didn't like it when I put him on my shoulders and jumped up and down screaming in hopes of getting a pizza delivered to us by the cheerleaders. Apparently we weren't loud enough (I think it was a lost cause from the get-go as the pies went to folks higher up in the cheap seats).

While there, I saw a few of my fraternity brothers sitting a couple rows in front of us. I wasn't able to talk to them as they hit the Patriot's Club during halftime (we went and got Dippin' Dots instead) and then we left early to get Lindsay to her basketball pictures.

After we got home, we went ahead and started the ice cream, which turned out pretty good, although it was a pain in the ass to remove the lid to get the ice cream out. Unfortunately, M threw away the wrench that makes opening the lid a snap, so I had to use a small pair of vise grips instead. Fortunately, they didn't break the lid.

We had bowling tonight, which wasn't all that great. None of us were on the entire night. Instead, we went in fits, with one of us having a great game while the others were middling. Oh well, I don't think we'll be in the hunt for anything anyway, so it looks like we're just out for fun. After bowling a group of us went over to Burke and Heather's where the guys sat around the deck in the cold trying to keep warm by the fire, while the women enjoyed the warmth of the house and stayed inside. D asked why I didn't come inside if I was cold, but I had to remain in front of the fire. It's a guy thing you know.

No comments: