Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day 314 - 12/31/2007

After getting to bed around 1230a last night (this morning), I was up and ready for work around 10a. I didn't go into the office, but I did start on building the shelving unit for the work area. I went out and got the wood last week (after sketching out the plans) and had the day ahead of me to work on it.

After working for 4-5 hours on it, I had half of it done, but needed to head out to the store to get some more wood screws (I thought I had two boxes at home, but only had one). After striking out at Wal-Mart and Target (they only have 4 packs and I needed 25 at least), I headed over to Lowe's, where I was able to get in and out by using the secret cashier. Actually it's not really a secret, it's just that no one is ever there, even if the rest of the lanes are packed with people checking out. Maybe people just don't know about it or maybe they think it's for contractors only. Whatever the reason, I don't care; this is a secret I'll not share (although I guess I just did, right?!?).

We decided to go to Mass tonight vs. tomorrow as we'll probably not be in the mood to go anywhere, depending on how late things go tonight.

Meghan came over around 745p and D and I left shortly thereafter to meet over at the Pettis' house before heading over to the club. We're not members, but a few of our friends are and they invited us to attend. It was quite the time and fun was had by all. The food was delicious and the bar was open, making for some uninhibited party goers as the night went on. Fortunately we were in the room with the DJ (vs. the jazz quartet) so that we were able to cut a rug on the dance floor. After ringing in the New Year, we partied some more before it all ended. Well, the party ended, but the bar remained open, so that's where we congregated. We finally left and didn't get to bed until past 3a.

I can't say for sure when the last time it was that I was up that late, but I hope the next one won't be for a long, long time. I'm getting too old for these late night escapades!

No comments: