Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 328 - 01/14/2008

After Friday's experience at the gym, I decided to hit it over lunch instead of risking getting stuck talking to Keri again. Although I shouldn't have been, I was somewhat surprised to hear the manager talking to other members about her. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels like she's a whack job. Hopefully she'll be gone soon, otherwise I'll change my schedule permanently.

Other than that, my workout was good. It's been a couple of weeks now since I started using the TRX system and so far I'm happy with it. It provides me with a lot more of a core workout than just lifting did. But what I really like about it is that it gives me a total workout in about 25 minutes, leaving me with the time to get in 30 minutes of cardio in the same amount of time as lifting weights did.

After the gym, I swung by the bank to deposit some checks. It took about 10 minutes and when the transaction was finished, I understood why: she printed a deposit slip for me. Apparently, if there are more than five checks, a deposit slip is required. Of course, when I was there before to make a deposit and asked for a deposit slip (for the kids to fill out as I was hoping to teach them the value of saving), I was told they weren't needed as long as the account number was on the back of the check. Well, which is it? Are they required or aren't they? I tell you, more and more I think about changing banks. The only thing keeping me there is the history I've had with them (15+ years) and the hassle of changing all my direct deposit information.

D and I watched the second part of T:SCC (Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles) tonight. She gave up after a while and went up to bed (partly because she was tired and partly because she grew tired of the actress playing Sarah Connor). I'm on the fence right now, but I think the one who plays the cyborg sent to protect John Connor does a pretty good job.

No comments: