Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 341 - 01/27/2008

I spent the day in the kitchen...for the most part.

I made some pasta with N while D and M were at Mass (I went at 1045a and they went to 1230p; N wasn't feeling up to snuff, so he got a pass). He enjoyed rolling it out and mixing the eggs in with the flour. After M got home, she and I went to the store for ingredients for the sauce. I had some mushrooms in the fridge, as well as some spinach and ricotta cheese, so I figured I'd make a couple of fillings to be used in raviolis.

M had other ideas, however, so she made some spaghetti with 1/6 of the dough. As usual, it took longer than I thought and the next thing you know, we're sitting down for dinner at 6p.

The mushroom pesto was excellent and, after adding some cream to it, it really mellowed out. Unfortunately, the garlic was overwhelming in the pesto, so I kept that to a minimum.

For dessert we had tiramisu (store-bought, not home made). It was the perfect ending to a great dinner.

No comments: