Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 334 - 01/20/2008

We went to 1045a Mass this morning and sat in the same pew as last week. I thought D would reach over and knock me on the head for picking it. I guess I didn't realize it was the same one as last week. It wasn't too bad for me as I was further down the pew, but D and the kids had to deal with the broken kneeler again (it's missing the center support, making it sag in the middle). Whoops. Hopefully next week I'll be more cognizant.

After Mass, the kids and I hit the basement to start on the Police SWAT vehicle we're making for a Lego contest for police-themed creations. The winner gets $100 worth of Lego product (which doesn't really go as far as you would think). I'm sort of taking the lead with the design (after asking the kids for their input and their approval of how I implement it) and M will be in charge of the essay (200 words on what was made).

Of course, after getting going with the building, I got way too involved in it and completely slept on the Patriots/Chargers game. By the time I got upstairs, the game was halfway over and it was time to head out the door to mom's for dinner.

We arrived in time to watch the rest of the game and get a start on the Packers/Giants game. We also ate dinner (a ham, green bean casserole, scalloped potatoes, a killer green salad with killer dressing and a fruit salad. For dessert we had chocolate cake in celebration of Vince's birthday.

We made it home just in time to watch the Giants' kicker miss the winning field goal at the end of regulation. Not that it mattered as the Packers turned it over and the Giants ended up winning. Oh well, at least the Super Bowl Big Game will be a good one!

Mass, food, family, birthday,

No comments: