Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 337 - 01/23/2008

I went in and left work early in order to get the van looked at again. There's a noise coming from the rear when you hit about 25-30 mph that wasn't there before D had her date with the curb. I ended up waiting in the waiting area for about 50 pages worth of reading (which translated to about 90+ minutes). As it turned out, the rear driver wheel bearings need to be replaced. They were also damaged in the accident. Why they didn't find them the other day is beyond me, especially since the service rep indicated they had inspected the van and deemed it to be in good shape. The only wiggle room they had was if they didn't drive it faster than 10-15 mph while going from the lot to the bay and back again (which they probably should have).

I was going to have them fix it right then and there and be done with it, but they didn't have the right parts. They ordered them though, so when they arrive, I'll have to take the van in yet again. Hopefully that'll be the last of it.

Once I got home, I worked from home for the rest of the afternoon. Network traffic was sort of slow, but after 5p it picked up. I guess everyone leaves thereabouts and I had the network to myself.

The kids' school was sponsoring Chick-Fil-A Night at the local Chick-Fil-A. It's yet another fundraiser the school puts on to suck even more money out of the students families pockets. Actually, the number of fundraisers haven't been too numerous this year. In years past it seems there have been more, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

The kids complained when I told them we were taking it to go. They both wanted to stay. We could have as it wasn't the zoo it's been the past few years, but D was waiting for us to bring dinner home, so I made the executive decision to hit the road. My popularity index wasn't that great...well, not until we doled out dessert in the form of cookie's-n-cream milkshakes -- they're the bomb!

After getting the kids to bed, D and I lounged on the couch and watched junk TV. We flipped back and forth between "Deal or No Deal" and "Hogzilla" (on the National Geographic channel). While I wouldn't say I'm a fan of DoND, I enjoy watching it when I can fast forward through the show and only play it regular-like when they open the case. In between, we switched tuners and watched Hogzilla (about the quest for wild hogs, including one reported to be 12' long and weighing about 1000 pounds). It wasn't great TV, but it kept our attention until it was time to go to bed.

No comments: