Monday, January 14, 2008

Day 327 - 01/13/2008

We had Dad and Jan over for dinner tonight to celebrate his birthday. I wasn't sure if we'd see him so I sent him his card (which contained some lottery scratchers that he parlayed into $25). The only thing we had for him was Willard's barbecue and cake. Well, that and our company! There was plenty of food to go around and after dinner we had some birthday cake. I had made a white cake with vanilla icing and then M decorated it with colored frosting. She was only able to find 36 candles, though, so we had to use the numbered ones. I'm sure it was for the best as by the time we lit 71 candles, half of them would have probably burned down to the cake. (Not to mention the smoke that would've been put off when they were blown out!)

After they left, the kids were put to bed and D and I hung out watching TV. I Tivo'd the premiere of the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and we both thought it was okay. Actually, I thought it was good enough to season pass. I thought it was better than Heroes, but then again, Heroes is comic book escapism on the boob tube and it doesn't take much to be better than that.

No comments: